Sunday, October 31, 2004

 

Creative Video Blaster Webcam 5 (WDM, pd1000)

This is another problem I have. My webcam doesn't work under Linux (Mandrake 10.0). It does under Windows.

Somewhere I picked up I had a Philip's chip in the cam and then I got to this URL giving me really alerting news: http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

It turns out, however, not only Linux developers are to blame here, since a take at the problem from the Mac OSX people give at the hand, Philips also has a part in the problem. (Why do hardware developer hide their spec.? Shouldn't it be desirable to produce products that work in as many situations as possible?)

I've also managed to determine that the chipset for the pd1000 (a webcam 5 camera) is SAA8116HL from Philips.

I'll examine this further!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?